Blame It On the Books

Fangirl. Bibliophile. Cake lover. Homestucker. Sherlockian. Sophomore Student. Crazy. Demon Hunter. My house is Slytherin, my faction Erudite and my God-parent is Apollo. Oh and this is where I write my reviews. Duh.

This is Not a Test - Courtney Summers "You can lose everything in seconds."I have been waiting for this book since August. When I first heard about it, I thought it would be a better novel version of the anime, High school of the Dead. It was sooo much better than that.Sloane Price, our protagonist, doesn't want to survive the apocalypse. In fact, she wanted to kill herself the day it happened. But she is surviving with five other teenagers who want to survive. Each and every one of those characters are so flawed and damaged that I wanted to hug each and every one of them throughout the whole story. They were all desperate in a different way and they were all terrified. There was even a fifteen year old who learned that his life means nothing. Nothing! My gosh, I swear I really cared for each and everyone one of them.Even though the zombies weren't the focal point of the story, you could still tell they were there, instilling fear and tension in the story. The zombies would bang on the doors in search of anything living, heck, they would fight with each other to just try and get a bit of flesh. Guts disemboweled, scratches and bruises on skin and blood everywhere, these guys are pretty creepy.The pace, for some people, would be slow, but hey, waiting to be rescued could be pretty boring and Summers showed that here. But you never forgot about them that's for sure. The writing made me so emotional, I'm getting emotional again just thinking about it! And that ending was just the nail on the coffin. It was such a bittersweet ending that made me wish this was a series.This is Not a Test is a great read full of flawed characters, never ending tension and will. This is the first book I've read by Courtney Summers and I think it won't be the last.

The Complete Sherlock Holmes