Blame It On the Books

Fangirl. Bibliophile. Cake lover. Homestucker. Sherlockian. Sophomore Student. Crazy. Demon Hunter. My house is Slytherin, my faction Erudite and my God-parent is Apollo. Oh and this is where I write my reviews. Duh.

Just One Day  - Gayle Forman "What if the real question is not whether to be, but how to be?"I love Europe. I don't know if it's just because I live in Asia and I get such a boner from hearing things about Europe or if it's because I love the food, art and culture of the continent, but I really want to--no need to--go to Europe. And Just One Day took me to Europe and so many other places, like myself and my heart.Just One Day is achingly beautiful, inspiring and is full of so much raw emotion. It is not only a story about love, it's also about self-discovery, passion and emotional maturity and growth. Allyson was a different person before she met Willem and she became someone entirely new as one year went by after going to Paris. She loses herself, the girl she thought she was, and finds herself eventually. I felt like I connected with Allyson on such a deep level. Who doesn't struggle with finding out who they really are? Here we have a girl, struggling to please her family and trying to keep her relationships intact, while trying to make new ones. I, myself, can relate with her so much on those aspects. What I really enjoyed was that her change was gradual and that is was day-to-day experiences and various people that shaped her. Willem had almost no part to do with her change.Almost. Because Willem showed Allyson a life out of her own. I really loved the relationship he and Allyson had in that one day in Paris. It made me believe that you could really fall in love in just one day. The only thing that I'm slightly pissed about was the ending. But I think it's just a matter of personal taste. I really need the sequel now. I just feel like there are so many unanswered questions about Willem's side of the story and what happened after the day he and Allyson shared.All in all, Just One Day is charming, has some great characters, equally amazing relationship dynamics, can get a few hysterical laughs and tears out of you, and a great incorporation of Shakespeare. This novel is not one to miss out.

The Complete Sherlock Holmes