Blame It On the Books

Fangirl. Bibliophile. Cake lover. Homestucker. Sherlockian. Sophomore Student. Crazy. Demon Hunter. My house is Slytherin, my faction Erudite and my God-parent is Apollo. Oh and this is where I write my reviews. Duh.

Eleanor & Park - Rainbow Rowell “What are the chances you’d ever meet someone like that? he wondered. Someone you could love forever, someone who would forever love you back? And what did you do when that person was born half a world away? The math seemed impossible.”Eleanor & Park has got to be the most adorable book I've ever read. The romance, the era, the characters, the dialogue--everything was adorable. But that doesn't mean that this book is your typical romance story. It's very memorable, heart-warming and makes you experience your first love again. Or in my case, have one. Because apparently, my social life did not give me a boy that has mutual feelings for me.The book is set in the 80's and normally any mention of an era before the 90's just makes me back away slowly. But I found myself complaining to my friends how I was born in the wrong generation. I wanted mix tapes, I listened to some of the songs mentioned in the book and I even read the comics. Soon I wanted a guy to hold a jukebox over his head and look up at me from my backyard. But I don't have a backyard and I wasn't born in the 20th century. Once I got this feeling, I knew I was reading a really good book. If any book can teleport you in to a different time, then it's a sign that you have a work of art in your hands.Eleanor and Park are characters that now have a space in my heart for them. Eleanor was so likable and relatable. She would feel insecure and have bad days, but she is a smart, snarky, funny and sarcastic teen who charmed her way in to my life and in to Park's. I especially loved how she didn't feel like she needed a guy to make her feel like a full woman.Park on the other hand... I had a bit of a crush on him. And by a bit, I mean a lot. A huge one really.Bless your face, MoosePark is so sweet, kind, caring and genuine. He has got to be one of my favorite YA guys so far. He is romantic and he seems real. He loses himself in music, he reads comics, he likes to fly under the radar--he would be my perfect definition of the word, "hipster". Just thank God that Park is not a pretentious fake who takes selfies and ruins quotes from books. I would really love to have a boyfriend like him. What boyfriend, Gabby? Stop being so delusional.Eleanor & Park also made me squeal out loud and say, "awwwww~" a lot of times. I could feel the butterflies and the uncertainty when they thought their relationship wouldn't last because most first loves don't. And boy, they fall in love deep and fast. I found myself rooting for them to find happiness and to actually be together for the rest of their lives. Just...Especially since it's Benedict Cumberbatch ;) Overall, I think you should get your own copy because their are only so many words in the English language and a limited number of GIFs to express my feelings on Eleanor & Park.

The Complete Sherlock Holmes