Blame It On the Books

Fangirl. Bibliophile. Cake lover. Homestucker. Sherlockian. Sophomore Student. Crazy. Demon Hunter. My house is Slytherin, my faction Erudite and my God-parent is Apollo. Oh and this is where I write my reviews. Duh.

Unearthly (Unearthly Series #1)

Unearthly  - Cynthia Hand After reading Fallen I lost a few brain cells due to TSTL girls, abusive guys, horrible writing and pacing and zero character development. Everything about that book gave me a headache thinking back on it and was just a waste of my money. So, I thought no book about angels can be bad ass or just plain awesome. I thought there wouldn't be an angel book like that. Till I read Unearthly.The romance in this novel was quite surprising, I liked the change. The characters were well rounded grew on me. The angel mythology is really good. Cynthia Hand knows what she's talking about. Clara is a bit annoying like Luce from Fallen in the first 50 pages. But then she finally stops acting like a stalker and she is awesome! She should be a model for every girl since she proved that she isn't some chick who takes abuse from some guy and still fawns over him. This book never gets boring and the guys are not douche bags for once. Well, maybe a bit, but not as much as others. ;DI want the sequel, Hallowed, NOW!

The Complete Sherlock Holmes