Blame It On the Books

Fangirl. Bibliophile. Cake lover. Homestucker. Sherlockian. Sophomore Student. Crazy. Demon Hunter. My house is Slytherin, my faction Erudite and my God-parent is Apollo. Oh and this is where I write my reviews. Duh.

Suicide Notes

Suicide Notes - Michael Thomas Ford “I'm still kind of a mess. But I think we all are. No one's got it all together. I don't think you ever do get it totally together.”With a title like Suicide Notes, you might think that this book would be serious. It's actually hilarious. Like, laugh-out-loud-in-public hilarious. I had to stifle my giggles in Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf because Jeff is...Bless your face, Jared PadaleckiJeff wakes up on New Year's Day in a mental hospital after he slit his wrists the day before. He's surrounded by some really crazy kids and his doctor (Jeff calls him "Cat Poop") keeps on trying to make Jeff talk to him.And he doesn't want to discuss the reason why he hurt himself. Each chapter follows a single day in his 45-day treatment program. Jeff's voice is hilarious, snarky, self-loathing at times and very easy to listen to. He is very relatable as a character; he is confused, curious, kind, hurt, scared and very sad even though he might say "I'm fine". The writing is done with an eye for genuine emotion and an amazing hand. Suicide Notes has frank issues such as identity, sexuality, abuse, depression, suicide, self-loathing and many more situations that are portrayed honestly and realistically. It sometimes felt like I was reading my thoughts in these pages. I don't want to say to much because I feel like the less you know, the more you will appreciate this book. Jeff's problem is one you might not expect and I don't want to give out hints. ;DOverall, Suicide Notes is a hilarious read but with very real and honest undertones which reflect how I, and without a doubt a lot of teens, feel about their lives and what they go through everyday.

The Complete Sherlock Holmes