Blame It On the Books

Fangirl. Bibliophile. Cake lover. Homestucker. Sherlockian. Sophomore Student. Crazy. Demon Hunter. My house is Slytherin, my faction Erudite and my God-parent is Apollo. Oh and this is where I write my reviews. Duh.

The Bully Book: A Novel

The Bully Book - Eric Kahn Gale Rating: 4.5 "I realized being yourself isn't something the just happens. You have to create yourself."I'm sure most of us have dealt with a bully once in our time. I have been subject to a few, and sadly I was also the bully at one point. I realized something, after playing the roles of both bully and victim that, well, kids are mean. Vicious really. They would do anything to feel accepted and not get left behind.And we have Eric, who has been defined as "The Grunt" of his grade and he becomes a victim of bullying even by a boy who was once his best friend. What I really liked about Eric is that he didn't just sit their and take the beatings, he wanted to find out the reason why he was being the victim when he considered himself to be a 'normal' kid.So Eric's quest begins and with both journal entries from himself and pages of the actual Bully Book, he tries to find out who wrote the Bully Book to begin with. I really enjoyed this style of writing because it added suspense and mystery~. I was compelled to find out who the author was with Eric.Though this book may be short it tackles a lot of issues such as: Mob mentality, peer pressure, emotional distress of a child that is bullied, the conflicted feelings of bystanders unsure of how to help and, the ultimate damage it does to a person's self-confidence well past when the bullying ends. The issues are huge and Gale wrote them in such a way that it made me think about the book long after I finished reading it.This book is not only great for kids, but truly an enlightening and charming book for all ages. I've learned a lot from this book and I'm so glad this has become one of my all time favorites.

The Complete Sherlock Holmes